Opened on the Denny Branch (Scottish Central Railway).
This was a single platform terminus, although the line skirted south of the platform and continued west as a goods and mineral line to Herbertshire Colliery Pit No 2, Stoneywood Goods and Carrongrove Paper Mills. The station had a single platform and the line approached from the east.
To the east end of the station, on the north side of the line, was the goods yard with two goods sheds, one immediately by the station and another to the east. The Ingliston branch ran north from the east end of the station sidings and Denny Shed. South of the passenger line were several looped sidings on the line west. The box was at the east end, south side of the line able to control the approach to the station and goods lines. It opened in 1893 replacing an older box 'Ingliston Junction'. (The older box was closer to the junction.)
The station closed in 1930 and the signal box closed in 1934. The remains of the Ingliston branch closed in 1965 and the line west to Carrongrove Paper Mills and east to SSEB Bonnywater Electricity Siding closed in 1971.
The station site is cleared and now a play park, sports centre and grassed area. The station house remains standing, at a slightly odd angle to the surrounding roads. the trackbed east and west is a footpath.
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Carronbank Iron Works
Vale Paper Works
Anchor Paper Mills
Herbertshire Colliery Pit No 2
Gravel Pit Siding
Carrongrove Paper Mills
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|