Dawsholm Viaduct (1896-1964)
Opened on the Glasgow Central Railway.
This was a double track viaduct crossing the River Kelvin and Kelvindale Road. A girder section crossed the road at north end, then a short masonry arch section and a steel truss section over the river.
To the south was Bellshaugh Junction and to the north Dawsholm Shed, Dawsholm station and many sidings associated with nearby works.
Much of the viaduct has been demolished, although three arches remain on the east bank of the river. Much of a pier in the centre of the river still stands, once supporting the truss section. This survived into the late 1970s/early 1980s.
Hyndland Power Box
Other railway and industry locations
Kirklee Goods Signal Box
Maryhill Central Junction
Kelvinside Brick Works
Maryhill East Signal Box
Maryhill Iron Works
Govan Cottage Coal Pit
Dawsholm Gas Works
Gasworks Engine Shed
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|