Dalrymple

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Dalrymple (1856-1954)

Opened on the Ayr and Maybole Railway.


Description

This is a closed station south west of Dalrymple Junction and north west of Dalrymple itself. The station was originally a single platform on the single track line to Maybole, the platform being on the north/west side of the line.

The line was later doubled around 1894 and a second platform added. The main station building remained on the original platform, later the northbound platform.

There was a goods yard north of the station on the west side, approached from the north. The signal box was on the east side of the line at the north end of the station.

The signal box closed in 1954, with the passenger station, replaced with a ground frame.

The line was singled in 1973. The building remains in use as a house.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map