Cruden Bay (1896-1932)
Opened on the Boddam Branch (Great North of Scotland Railway).
Opened on the Cruden Bay Hotel Tramway (Great North of Scotland Railway).
This was a very fine two platform station with heavily canopied station buildings on each platform, in keeping with it being associated with a fine railway owned hotel, Cruden Bay Hotel.
The larger station building was on the southbound platform. From the rear of this platform electric trams ran to the hotel.
There was a goods yard to the south, approached from the west. The station end of the tramway was between the passenger station and the goods yard.
The eastbound station was demolished after closure to passengers in 1932. The tramway was retained for the hotel laundry and coal traffic. It was lifted about 1941. Golf Road follows the course of the former tramway. The hotel struggled after 1932, having lost its railway connection. In 1939 it was requisitioned by the army. Following the war the line closed in 1948 and the hotel was demolished.
The station site was cleared and landscaped in the 1960s. Several modern houses now stand on some of the western portion of the site. The passenger station site is currently a field.
The line to the east and north ran on a high embankment which has been levelled.
The station site was west of Cruden Bay itself and Port Errol.
Bullers O^ Buchan Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Water of Cruden Viaduct
Cruden Bay Brick and Tile Works
Stirling Hill Quarry
Peterhead Power Station
HM Prison Peterhead
Cruden Bay Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|