Craigellachie Bridge (1863-1968)
This was a single track viaduct to the north of Craigellachie station and just south of Dandaleith station. The Morayshire Railway was to open to Dandaleith (then called Craigellachie) while this viaduct was completed, then extended to Craigellachie, the called Strathspey Junction.
Also known as Craigellachie Viaduct to avoid confusion with the nearby road bridge.
The viaduct was a 200 ft long lattice girder over the River Spey and three plate girders to the north.
The viaduct was removed after closure of the line but the piers remain. Ballindalloch Viaduct still exists and is of similar design.
Nearby, to the west, is Thomas Telford's Craigellachie Bridge.
The Friends of Craigellachie Bridge is a charity which promotes Thomas Telford's road bridge.
Drummuir Curlers Platform
Imperial Cottages Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Glen Grant Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|