Cobbinshaw [2nd] (1875-1966)
Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
Cobbinshaw [1st] station closed in 1875 and was replaced with this station. The second station was further south. This was a two platform station with the main building on the southbound platform. The platforms were in timber with timber station buildings.
There was no goods yard, but there were sidings further north at the original station.
The line remains open and railway cottages remain on the east side of the line.
A temporary signal box was opened here, to the south of the road bridge on the west side, between 1973 and 1979.
South of the station was north of Tarbrax Junction which served the Tarbrax Oil Works and the North Cobbinshaw Lime Works.
Cobbinshaw itself is a small group of houses by the reservoir to the east of the former station.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
Other railway and industry locations
North Cobbinshaw Lime Works
South Cobbinshaw Colliery
Tarbrax Oil Works
Wilsontown North Junction
Wilsontown West Junction
Wilsontown South Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian