This was the junction for the Tarbrax Oil works. The line had a facing connection from the southbound line of the Caledonian Railway south of Cobbinshaw Reservoir.
There was a signal box on the west side of the line. The branch was single track and main line double track. There was a loop on the branch close to the junction.
Woolfords Mine was just to the south, on the west side of the line with sidings approached from the north. Further on was Viewfield Coal Pit on the south side, alongside a short loop.
Beyond this the line divided into two portions, the original route continuing south east to Tarbrax Oil Works and newer going north east to South Cobbinshaw Siding (serving a brick works) and South Cobbinshaw Colliery.
The signal box closed in 1937. The oil works had closed about 1920.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
| North Cobbinshaw Lime Works|
South Cobbinshaw Colliery
Tarbrax Oil Works
Wilsontown North Junction
Harburn Limeworks Signal Box
Wilsontown West Junction
Wilsontown Junction [2nd]
Haywood Colliery Pit No 14
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian