Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Cleland to Morningside Line (Caledonian Railway).
This was a single platform station with a one storey small station building. The platform was on the north side of the line. To the south, approached from the east, was the goods yard and a siding which ran on to the Sunnyside Colliery. Spindleside Colliery Pits Nos 6 and 7 opened to the east.
The signal box (1867) was on the platform, just west of the station building. It closed in 1921, probably replaced by a ground frame as sidings remained on the south side of the station, approached from the east.
It was opened in 1867 on the 1864 line from Cleland to Morningside Junction. West of Omoa Junction it used a new improved alignment (and double track) on approximately the same couse as an old Wishaw and Coltness Railway branch from Mossend.
Bellside (now Cleland) opened to the north on the Shotts line in 1869.
Small parts of the platform remained in the 1990s, the trackbed now a footpath. Subsequent housing development has obliterated it, the site now being Baxter Brae. The station is remembered in the name of Station Road.
| Spindleside Colliery Pits Nos 6 and 7|
Omoa Iron Works
Knownoblehill Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Omoa Iron Works Signal Box
Knownoble Colliery Pit No 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|