This signal box was in the west of Charlestown a little to the location of the later Braeside Junction. The box controlled the connection between the line to the passenger station and the Charlestown Harbour sidings (laid out around 1896), which were approached from the north east.
The passenger station closed in 1926, and the box closed in 1925 just beforehand. The line remained open for goods until 1964 when it was cut back to a reversing spur at Braeside Junction for RNAD Crombie.
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
| Braeside Junction|
Charlestown Brick and Til Works
Charlestown Salt Works
The Glen Quarry
Brucehaven Limestone Quarry
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|