Opened on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.
This was a two platform station in traditional North British Railway style. The goods yard was at the west end of the station, north of the line and approached from the west. The signal box was on the eastbound platform. The box opened in 1900 and closed in 1964.
There was a level crossing, Causewayhead Level Crossing, at the east end.
Just to the north was the tram depot for the Stirling and Bridge of Allan Tramways.
Stirling is not far away to the south, across the River Forth. To the east the line runs to Alloa with Waterside Level Crossing not far to the east.
Abbeycraig Level Crossing
Bridge of Allan
Bridge of Allan [1st]
Menstrie and Glenochil
Other railway and industry locations
Waterside Level Crossing
Shore Road North Signal Box
Easter Cornton Level Crossing
Stirling Forth Viaduct [SandD]
Stirling Forth Viaduct [SCR]
Stirling Shed [NB]
Stirling New Bridge Signal Box
Stirling East Signal Box
Cow Park Siding
Forth and Clyde Junction [Stirling]
Shore Road Shed [NB]
Stirling Old Bridge
University of Stirling
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|