Carstairs East Junction

Location type

Junction


Names and dates

Dolphinton Junction (1867-1972)
Carstairs East Junction (1972-)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.

Opened on the Dolphinton Branch (Caledonian Railway).


Description

The 1867 Dolphinton [CR] line started from a junction which allowed trains from Carstairs station to join the branch. This branch severed the south to east 1848 curve (out of use from around 1860) and a replacement curve was built from Strawfrank Junction to Dolphinton Junction in 1872.

The junction was renamed with a more appropriate name during electrficiation of the route.

09/05/2018

Tags

Junction