Carnbroe Iron Works Signal Box (-1914)
Opened on the Wishaw and Coltness Railway.
This signal box was on the east side of the Wishaw and Coltness Railway to the south of where the sidings of the Carnbroe Iron Works joined the main line. The works was approached from the south.
The box and the nearby Calder Iron Works Signal Box closed in 1914, replaced by Carnbroe North Signal Box.
Calder Iron Works [Station]
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Other railway and industry locations
Carnbroe North Signal Box
Calder Iron Works Signal Box [CR]
Carnbroe Iron Works
Carnbroe Signal Box
Carnbroe Slag Crushing Works
Calder Iron Works
Calder Iron Works Signal Box [NBR]
Whifflet Central Junction
Carnbroe Signal Box [CR]
Whifflet South Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Old Newmains and the Villages Around Wishaw
Wishaw 1896: Lanarkshire Sheet 18.03 (Old O.S. Maps of Lanarkshire)