Camps Junction [NB]

Location type

Junction

Name and dates

Camps Junction [NB] (1869-1981)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.

Opened on the Camps Branch (North British Railway).
Opened on the Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway.

Description

East of Uphall station was the junction for the Camps Branch (North British Railway). It was on the south side of the main line opposite Uphall Junction (slightly to the east). The junctions shared a signal box. The branch ran south to Camps Quarry and the Pumpherston Oil Works.

The branch made a trailing connection with a loop on the south side of the main line. An exchange yard was later laid out between the branch and main line, a fan of dead end sidings with their neck to the west.

The trackbed of the branch is now a footpath.

Tags

Junction
07/10/2020

Books


Vanished Railways of West Lothian