This station was opened to serve the military Barry Buddon Training Camp, which dates from around 1850.
It was built alongside Buddon Siding, on the south side of the line and approached from the west, which predated it.
The station was a mirror image of Barry Links after it was equipped with an island platform. This station had an island on the eastbound line and single platform on the westbound line.
The station had few buildings. There was a footbridge linking the platforms and a signal box on the eastbound platform, immediately west of the footbridge.
A signal box opened in 1907. The station opened in 1910 and closed (to the public) in 1914. The box closed in 1954.
Nothing remains of the station. Were it still to exist it would be the nearest to Barry Buddon Training Camp.
The camp was served by a narrow gauge railway on the Barry Buddon range.
| Taymouth Engineering Works and Iron Foundry|
Panmure Signal Box
Panmure Works (Jute)
Dighty Water Viaduct
Broughty Ferry Goods
Broughty Ferry Shed
Panbride Signal Box
Ardestie Earth House
Carlungie Earth House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|