Location type


Name and dates

Broomhouse (1878-1927)

Opened on the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway.


This was a two platform station of which very little remains.

To the north was the Daldowie Colliery Pit No 1 (north side of line) and to the south the Broomhouse Pit Colliery No 1 (south side of line). Crossovers in the station would have facilitated running round if required.

A signal box at the south end of the station controlled access to the collieries, this box was replaced in 1914.

The station closed in 1927 and closed to goods in 1953. The box closed in 1960 and the line finally closed in 1961.