Bowland Bridge (1849-1862)
Opened on the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway).
Bowland was a two platform station. This was briefly the southern terminus of the line before it was extended south.
The station closed to passengers in 1953. The signal box here closed in 1964.
On line re-opening a station was not re-opened here.
The nearest stations are Stow (north) and Galashiels (south).
Angling Club Cottage
Abbotsford Ferry [2nd]
Abbotsford Ferry [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Bowshank South Bridge
Bowshank North Bridge
The Whin Bridge
Lugate Water Bridge
Torwoodlee North Viaduct
Torwoodlee South Viaduct
Bridge No 95
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Galashiels 1897: Selkirkshire Sheet 08.02 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Selkirkshire)
Galashiels to Edinburgh: Including the Lauder and Dalkeith Branches - the Waverley Route (Scml)
Hawick 1897: Roxburghshire Sheet 25.07 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Roxburghshire)
Hawick to Galashiels: The Waverley Route Including the Selkirk Branch (Scottish Main Lines)
Last Years of the Waverley Route
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
On the Waverley Route
Railways Of Scotland 2: The Waverley Route DVD - Cinerail
The Waverley Route Through Time
The Waverley Route: Its Heritage and Revival
The Waverley Route: The Postwar Years
Waverley Route: The battle for the Borders Railway
Waverley Route: The Life, Death and Rebirth of the Borders Railway
Waverley: Portrait of a Famous Route