This textile print works, owned by the Coubroughs, closed before 1900 and was demolished by 1910. Its site is now housing.
The works was served by the Blane Valley Railway to the south. Two curved siding ran into the works from a headshunt east of Blanefield station^s goods yard.
With the depression in the Calico printing trade, due to over-production, the works closed. This also impacted on works in other locations such as the Vale of Leven where the United Turkey Red Company formed.
Blanefield House was off to the east. Also to the east were the Dumbrock Works, also rail served and never fully opened.
| Dumbrock Siding|
Dunglass Quarry Siding
Mugdock Country Park Visitors Centre
Dumgoyach Standing Stones
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|13/02/1877||Blane Valley Railway|
Blanefield station^s headshunt is extended east and sidings laid into the Blanefield Print Works to the north.
|/ /1898||Blane Valley Railway|
Blanefield Print Works closed.
|/07/1899||Blane Valley Railway|
Siding laid in at Blanefield to assist with demolition of the Blanefield Print Works.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland