Location type


Name and dates

Blackford (1851-1956)

Station code: BLF National Rail
Opened on the Scottish Central Railway.


This was a two platform station with a goods yard at the west end, south side of the line. The station building also survives on the former westbound platform, its extension to the east removed. From the platform side, this resembled a house with dormer windows (removed since closure of the station). A similar building exists at the former Kinbuck station. A small timber waiting room was on the Perth platform. There was a water tank at the west end of the westbound platform.

The signal box (replaced by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway in 1933) survives here, on the east side of the level crossing to the east of the former station. It is a LMS Type 12.

Close by the station is Highland Spring for whom sidings have been laid in at the former goods yard.


Highland Spring has a bottling plant nearby the former station, just to the south.

At the other, south, end of Blackford from the former station is the Tullibardine Distillery .


Station LMS Type 12

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)

An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways

Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)