This was a station to the south of the village of Biggar. Its remains comprise a very complete set of buildings from a countryside Caledonian Railway station.
There was a single storey building on the original platform, later the eastbound, and a goods yard to the north, approached from the east.
A loop and second platform, the westbound, were added in 1906 and a new signal box erected east of the station building. This replaced an older box from 1891 at the west end. The improvements were made for Highland and Agricultural Society's 1906 Border Show, held in Peebles.
The station closed in 1950 to passengers, the box closed in 1959 and the line survived until 1966 through to Broughton [1st] from Symington [2nd].
The station building, signal box, platform portions, railway cottage and goods shed survive, split between differing owners. Unfortunately a house has been built over the west end of the platforms. The box is 'B' listed.
| Causewayend Siding|
Leggatfoot Signal Box
Pettinain Signal Box
Biggar Gas Works Museum
Cowgill Lower Reservoir
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1847||Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway|
Act for a branch to Biggar and Broughton [1st] authorised. Not built at this time.
The Railways of Peebles (Through Time)