Opened in 1905 by William Baird and Sons.
The colliery was served by a branch from the former Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway.
A previous colliery occupied the same area. This was served by a tramroad from the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway.
Bridgend [M and K]
Gartsherrie [M and K]
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Bedlay Colliery Siding
Gain Signal Box
Drumcavel Rock Sand Works
Glenboig Firebrick Works
Star Fireclay Works
Avenuehead Iron Pit
Garnqueen North Junction
Greenfoot Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1905||Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway|
Branch to Bedlay Colliery opened - although a tramway occupied most of the route previously.
|11/12/1981||Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway|
Bedlay Colliery closed and line from there to Garnqueen South Junction closed.