Bathgate shed was east of Bathgate Upper and on the north side of the line. This six road shed was replaced in 1954 with a new four road shed on the same site. Approach was from the east. It was the third shed in Bathgate.
British Railways assigned the code 64F.
The shed remained standing after closure right up until the preparations for the re-opening of the Airdrie to Bathgate line. It was demolished and the site is now the car park for the new Bathgate station, built immediately to the south.
The original two road shed in Bathgate was alongside Bathgate [1st] station.
| Bathgate Central Junction|
Bathgate West LMD
Balbardie Steel Works
Bathgate West Junction [1st]
Bathgate East LMD
Bathgate Brass Foundry
West Lothian Steel Rolling Mill and Shovel Works
Bathgate East Junction [2nd]
Bathgate Truck Plant
Balbardie Colliery Pit No 1
Hopetoun Steel Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Vanished Railways of West Lothian