Bargeddie

Location type

Station

Names and dates

Drumpark (1934-1964)
Bargeddie (1993-)

Station code: BGI National Rail ScotRail
Where: North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Opened on the Rutherglen and Coatbridge Branch (Caledonian Railway).
Open on the Hamilton Circle.

Description

This is a two platform station to the west of Langmuir Road. The station opened in 1993 on the site of the earlier Drumpark station. Both stations are and were minimal.

To the west is the site of Drumpellier Junction and to the east, along the west side of Langmuir Road, ran the Drumpeller Railway one of the early coal railways connecting with the Monkland Canal. Further east were connections to Kirkwood Collieries and further west Tannochside Junction.

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map


Nearby stations
Bargeddie [NB]
Kirkwood
Langloan
Baillieston [1st]
Easterhouse
Maryville
Blairhill
Baillieston
Calderpark Halt
Uddingston West
Coatbridge Central
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Uddingston [1st]
Uddingston
Howes
Drumpellier Junction
Bredisholm Colliery Junction
Bankhead Quarry
Braehead Brick Works
Bargeddie Bridge
Drumpeller Incline
Kirkwood Signal Box
Braehead Viaduct
Kirkwood Colliery Pit No 3
Braehead Colliery Pit No 5
Bredisholm Collieries Pit No 6
Kirkwood Colliery Pit No 2
Kirkwood Colliery Pit No 1
Tannochside Junction
Kirkwood Colliery Pit No 4
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.