Bargeddie

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Drumpark (1934-1964)
Bargeddie (1993-)

Opened on the Rutherglen and Coatbridge Railway.

Open on the Hamilton Circle.


Description

This is a two platform station to the west of Langmuir Road. The station opened in 1993 on the site of the earlier Drumpark station. Both stations are and were minimal.

To the west is the site of Drumpellier Junction and to the east, along the west side of Langmuir Road, ran the Drumpellier Railway one of the early coal railways connecting with the Monkland Canal. Further east were connections to Kirkwood Collieries and further west Tannochside Junction.

03/04/2018

Tags

Station

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map