This was a two platform station south of Stirling and nearly a mile east of Bannockburn itself. The main station building was on the southbound platform. It was of a style characteristic of the line. The station was on an embankment.
There was a goods yard on the east side of the line, south of the station and approached from the south. The box was at the south end of the station too, on the west side of the line.
Platforms were lengthed during the station^s lifetime and further goods sidings added, probably when the box was replaced in 1888.
The station closed in 1950, the box in 1955.
Nothing remains of the station.
Bannockburn is famous for the Battle of Bannockburn for which there is a visitor^s centre. The exact location of the battlefield is uncertain. Battle of Bannockburn Visitor Centre
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Polmaise Junction|
Polmaise Nos 1 and 2 Colliery
Bannockburn Colliery No 3
Polmaise Nos 3 and 4 Colliery
Stirling South Signal Box
St Ninians Level Crossing
Bannockburn Visitor Centre
Players Road Level crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/03/1848||Scottish Central Railway|
Opened from Scottish Central Junction (Greenhill) to Stirling. Stations at Scottish Central Junction, Larbert, Bannockburn and Stirling.
|/ /1864||Scottish Central Railway|
Authorisation to stop up Greenyards Level Crossing by Bannockburn. (Not done.)
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)