Location type


Name and dates

Bankfoot (1906-1931)

Opened on the Bankfoot Light Railway.


This was a one platform terminus opened in 1906. There was a timber station building and a goods shed. To the south was Bankfoot Shed.

After closure to passengers in 1931 the platform was cut back to around two coach lengths. The line remained open for goods.

After closure of the branch in 1964 the station building remained on the platform as a milk bar at a caravan park. The site has since been cleared for housing.


Terminus Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67

Chronology Dates

13/04/1931Bankfoot Light Railway
Bankfoot to Strathord closed to passengers.
07/09/1964Bankfoot Light Railway
Bankfoot to Strathord (excluded) closed to freight.

News items

12/09/2023Bankfoot Railway Station pictures offer glimpse of Perthshires past and last days of steam [The Courier]