At this junction a curve from the Ardeer Iron Works met the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway. The curve met an existing line serving the works. Trains using this connection would leave the works and head for Kilwinning East.
By reversal from the curve the Ardeer (Misk) Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway) could be reached.
The box was in the 'V' of the junction, to the west, and aligned with the main line. It opened with the line but closed in 1936 during the post Grouping alterations at Ardeer. Both lines had come under single ownership of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway. The former Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway route to Kilwinning East was closed and its line west to Ardrossan North was connected to the former Glasgow and South Western Railway.
The location has been lost to subsequent road improvements
Ardrossan South Beach
Bogside Moor Halt
| Stevenston No 1 Signal Box [1st]|
Stevenston No 1 Signal Box [2nd]
Turf Dyke Pit
Water Machine Pit (Coal)
Ardeer ICI Nylon Plant
Nobel Exchange Sidings
Ardeer Iron Works
Ardeer  Junction
Prince of Wales Pit
Royal George Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Forgotten Railways: Scotland