Alloa Shed [CR]

Location type

Loco shed


Name and dates

Alloa Shed [CR] (1902-1935)

Opened on the Alloa Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This was a long single road locomotive shed west of Alloa Goods [CR] on the south side of the line as it approached the goods terminus from Longcarse Junction. Approach was from the west.

Despite reaching Alloa in 1885 the Caledonian Railway waited until 1902 before opening its own shed.

The shed was just north east of the rail served Kelliebank Bottling Stores and north of Alloa Foundry.

The shed closed in 1935.

Nothing remains on site.


Tags

Shed locomotive shed

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map