Opened on the Dingwall and Skye Railway.
Open on the Kyle Line.
This is a one platform station.
The signal box opened in 1893 and a loop was installed here in 1900.
The up (eastbound) line was taken out in 1966 and the up platform is increasingly overgrown.
The up platform station building has been relocated, the down platform buildings demolished and the goods siding to the west lifted (closed 1964). There was a watertank at the east end of the up platform, also removed. The signal box, (apparently a replacement, formerly of Newtonmore where the north and south boxes were replaced with a single box in 1920) has also been demolished. The lattice footbridge remained in place for several years after becoming redundant.
The stationmaster's cottage and railwaymen's cottages remain.
Kyle of Lochalsh
Beinn Liath Mhor
Sgurr nan Ceannaichean
Bidein a^Choire Sheasgaich
Bidein an Eoin Deirg
Liathach - St a^Ch Dhuibh Bhig
Sgurr nan Fhir Duibhe
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands: Skye Railway v. 5
Rails to Kyle of Lochalsh: Story of the Dingwall and Skye Railway Including the Strathpeffer Branch (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
The Dingwall & Skye Railway: A Pictorial Record of the Line to Kyle of Lochalsh
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2
The Kyle Line: An Illustrated History and Guide
The Kyle of Lochalsh Line: Great Railway Journeys Through Time