Abbeycraig Level Crossing

Location type


Name and dates

Abbeycraig Level Crossing (1852-2008)

Opened on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.


This was a level crossing to the east of Causewayhead, Waterside Level Crossing and the Abbey Craig on which the Wallace Monument stands.

This crossing was originally on Ladyneuk Road which ran south to Cambuskenneth. This road was altered to run to Waterside Level Crossing, to the west.

On the rebuilding of the Stirling - Alloa line, in 2007, this level crossing was stopped up. The line reopened in 2008.


Level crossing