|/ /1845||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
|29/12/1852||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Opened from Londonderry Waterside [1st] via Newtown Junction [Limavady] (station opened 1855) to Newtownlimavady.
|18/07/1853||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Extended from Newtown Junction [Limavady] (station opened 1855) to Coleraine Waterside.
|/ /1855||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Newtown Junction [Limavady] station opened at the junction.
|/07/1855||Magilligan Point Branch (Londonderry and Coleraine Railway)|
Opened from Magilligan to Magilligan Point. No Act required.
|/10/1855||Magilligan Point Branch (Londonderry and Coleraine Railway)|
|/ /1859||Belfast and Londonderry Railway|
Incorporated to link the Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine and Portrush Junction Railway to the Londonderry and Coleraine Railway with a bridge over the River Bann.
|19/11/1860||Belfast and Londonderry Railway|
Opened from Coleraine (Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine and Portrush Junction Railway) over the River Bann Viaduct [1st] (with lifting section) to the Londonderry and Coleraine Railway, swinging over that line to reach it. This short line replaced the L&CR^s Coleraine Waterside terminus and a half mile of line.
|/ /1861||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Leased by the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway.
|/ /1868||Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners
Londonderry and Enniskillen Railway
Londonderry and Coleraine Railway
Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway|
Lines linked by quayside railway over the double decked Carlisle Bridge [Londonderry] . Access to the line on the lower deck over the Foyle was by means of turnplates.
|/ /1870||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Newtownlimavady renamed Limavady.
|/ /1871||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Absorbed by Belfast and Northern Counties Railway.
|/ /1874||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
The original 1852 Londonderry Waterside [1st] station is replaced by Londonderry Waterside [2nd], a new stone built station building with clocktower and trainshed built by the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway.
|/ /1876||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Newtown Junction [Limavady] renamed Limavady Junction.
|/ /1965||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Londonderry Waterside [2nd] becomes simply Londonderry (Londonderry [Waterside] [2nd]) with the closure of Londonderry Foyle Road, there now being no other stations for Londonderry.
|/ /1975||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Londonderry Waterside [2nd] suffers bomb damage.
|24/02/1980||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
The bomb damaged 1874 Londonderry [Waterside] [2nd] closed, replaced by Londonderry [Waterside] [3rd].
|08/10/2019||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Londonderry [Waterside] [3rd] closed to allow completion of the new Londonderry station.
|21/10/2019||Londonderry and Coleraine Railway|
Londonderry opens on the site of the 1874 Londonderry [Waterside] [2nd], replacing the 1980 Londonderry [Waterside] [3rd].
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This station closed in 2019 and has been demolished. It opened in 1980 to replace Londonderry [Waterside] [2nd], which had suffered bomb damage in the 1970s.
This terminus opened in 2019, re-using the building built in 1874, replacing the Londonderry [Waterside] [3rd] terminus of 1980. In addition to the elegant reconditioned station building (stone built with a clock tower) and trainshed there is an island platform and sidings.
Opened with the line from Londonderry in 1852.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife