|21/07/1845||Leeds and Thirsk Railway|
Company incorporated, line receives act; Leeds to Thirsk with two branches to the Leeds and Bradford Railway one at Bramley and one at Holbeck, one curve to the Great North of England Railway at Thirsk, and two short branches to Harrogate and Knaresborough.
|20/10/1845||[Leeds and Thirsk Railway]|
First sod cut.
|/07/1846||York and Newcastle Railway|
Proposed Team Valley line to counter another proposal by the Leeds and Thirsk Railway along the same route.
|16/07/1846||Leeds and Thirsk Railway|
Second Leeds and Thirsk Act gives powers to open a line from Northallerton to Billingham on the Stockton and Hartlepool Railway, Eaglescliffe on the Stockton and Darlington Railway and Stockton on the Clarence Railway.
|16/07/1846||[Leeds and Thirsk Railway]|
Act for extension from Northallerton to meet the Stockton and Hartlepool Railway at Stockton. Plan to buy Stockton and Hartlepool Railway falls through.
|09/07/1847||[Leeds and Thirsk Railway]|
Act gives permission for a number of alterations to the route.
|/ /1848||[Leeds and Thirsk Railway]|
|15/05/1852||[Leeds and Thirsk Railway]|
Northallerton to Stockton section opened.
|/ /1853||West Hartlepool Harbour and Railway|
Diverts trains from Stockton station on the North Shore Branch (North Eastern Railway) to Stockton North station on the Leeds and Thirsk Railway. (The company controlled the former Clarence Railway and Stockton and Hartlepool Railway).
|/ /1854||[York and North Midland Railway]|
Malton and Driffield Railway
[York Newcastle and Berwick Railway]
[Leeds and Thirsk Railway]
West Hartlepool Harbour and Railways
[North Eastern Railway]
Companies merge to form the North Eastern Railway.
|/ /1893||[Leeds and Thirsk Railway]|
North Stockton station re-built and re-named Stockton. South Stockton station becomes Thornaby.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This is a two platform station. Fine station buildings remain and are canopied. There is a six sided signal box to the west, just across a level crossing, built onto the end of the row of houses on Kirkgate.