This was a gunpowder factory located at Kames on the Kyles of Byte with most of the site inland at Millhouse, where there was a tramway network at the Kames Gunpowder Works, and the Kames Saltpetre Works south of the Kames Black Pier. The works was in operation from 1839 to 1921 with changes to the layout over the years.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This tramway was at Millhouse, the most extensive part of the factory. It was about a mile west of Kames.
The pier and saltpetre works were north of Kames Pier.