|/ /||Bryans Pit (Newtongrange)|
Opened by Marquis of Lothian, transferred to Lothian Coal Co.
|21/01/1832||Marquis of Lothians Waggonway|
Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway line extended from Dalhousie. Initially the line ran eastwards after crossing the South Esk to Bryans Pit. A branch to the south to Lingerwood Mine was later opened and the system was to eventually reach as far south as Arniston Engine. In later years a colliery line was to be established between the Newbattle pits which was independent of the Waverley Route.