This standard gauge branch served the Ben Cruachan Grantire quarries on the east side of the mountain. The mineral line ran from Drishaig Junction on the Callander and Oban Railway north west to the mountain where a series of zig-zags allowed the line to climb and reach different level of the quarry.
The quarry was operated by Ben Cruachan Granite Quarries Ltd. The company operated two shunters of its own, 0-4-0STs
The quarry and line closed in 1910, the line dismantled around 1916. Much of the formation remains intact and can be walked. The formation of the zig-zags still exists.
These locations are along the line.
This was the junction for the Ben Cruachan Granite Quarries. The branch opened in 1885, five years after the main line. Trains from the branch ran on to Loch Awe to use the goods yard there as exchange sidings. The junction was released using the tablet for the Loch Awe to Dalmally section on which the junction lay. The junction closed in 1916.