Whitehill Colliery

Location type

Mine


Name and dates

Whitehill Colliery (1850-1962)

Served by the Lothian Coal Company.


Description

This colliery was opened by the Lothian Coal Company. There was a brick works on site.

The colliery was served by a short branch from Hawthornden Junction, south west of Rosewell and Hawthornden station.

The site is now housing.

06/02/2018

Tags

Mine

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map