Opened on the Wigtownshire Railway.
This was a single platform station with a goods yard at the north end, on the west side of the line. There was a single storey wooden station building and a stone goods shed. The station had a goods loop. It was at a rural location, Whauphill is a very small settlement, although connecting coaches ran to Port William.
A signal box opened in 1908 at the north end of the platform. The southern end of the loop was taken out in 1930 and the box survived until 1947 when replaced with a ground frame.
The station closed to passengers in 1950 but the line remained open until 1964 for goods. Station buildings were demolished in the 1990s. A formerly railway cottage remains on the west side of the site.
Millisle Exchange Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Carsegowan Munitions Factory
Drumtroddan Standing Cup and Ring Marked Rocks
Drumtroddan Standing Stones
Torhouse Stone Circle
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Railways (Library of Railway History)
|Rails to Portpatrick (Local History Series)|
The Port Road: Dumfries to Stranraer, Portpatrick, Kirkcudbright and Whithorn