Westburn Souh Signal Box (1920-1960)
This signal box controlled access to Westburn Steel Works. It was on the west side of the line between Westburn Junction and what is today named Newton West Junction. The works line made a trailing connection to the southbound line.
The signal box was replaced by the new box at Newton in 1960.
The line north to Westburn Junction and Carmyle Jnction closed in 1983. To Newton was probably a little later.
This trackbed is now a footpath.
Mount Vernon North
Other railway and industry locations
Westburn Steel Works
Newton West Junction
Newton PW Depot
Clyde Nail Works
Newton Kirkhill Junction
Clydesmill Power Station
Carmyle South Signal Box
Newton Hamilton Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|