Opened on the Border Counties Railway.
This station was a single platform line on the south side of the line, with a wooden building. To the west, over a level crossing, was a railway cottage on the north side of the line.
The crossing was protected by signals, but there was no box here.
The surrounding area is Thorneyburn, with the Low and High farms to the west and the River North Tyne's Hadyad Ford just to the south.
The station closed in 1956 and line in 1958.
The level crossing gates remain here, as does the mound and portions of the platform. A platelayer's hut is on the north side of the former station.
Bellingham (North Tyne)
Ray House (Halt)
Other railway and industry locations
Thorneyburn Coal Siding
Belling Crags Quarry
Far Colliery (Plashetts Colliery)
Seldom Seen Pit (Plashetts Colliery)
Bank Top (Plashetts Colliery)
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Border Counties Railway Through Time
Border Country Branch Line Album
Branches & Byways: Southwest Scotland and the Border Counties
Hexham to Hawick: The Border Counties Railway (Country Railway Routes)