Teviot Viaduct (1862-1969)
This gently curved six arch double track viaduct was south of Hawick [2nd] station, the platforms from which extended out over the River Teviot. The platform extensions were in timber, on a metal frame built out from the viaduct. The viaduct was 42 feet high.
The viaduct has been demolished but the bottom of the piers can be seen at low water.
Other railway and industry locations
Hawick Gas Works
Hawick North Signal Box
Stobs Military Camp
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|