Stevenston No 1 Signal Box [1st] (-1947)
Opened on the Ardrossan and Johnstone Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This box controlled access to the Ardeer (Misk) Branch (Glasgow and South Western Railway) and Ardeer Foundry. The box was on the north side of the line immediately to the east of where it was crossed by the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway.
In 1947 the box was replaced by Stevenston No 1 Signal Box [2nd] when a new spur from Stevenston Moorpark on the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway opened.
Ardrossan South Beach
Bogside Moor Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Stevenston No 1 Signal Box [2nd]
Water Machine Pit (Coal)
Turf Dyke Pit
Ardeer ICI Nylon Plant
Nobel Exchange Sidings
Ardeer Iron Works
Ardeer  Junction
Prince of Wales Pit
Royal George Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Ardrossan (North) 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 16.01 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Ardrossan (South) 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 16.05 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Kilwinning 1895: Ayrshire Sheet 16.04 (Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Ayrshire)
Origins of the Scottish Railway System 1722-1844
The Glasgow & South Western Railway a History