This level crossing is west of Longniddry station. The box was on the south side of the line, west of the road. A former railway cottage is opposite on the east side of the road.
The original St Germains level crossing was to the west, the road crossing on an oblique. Seton Mains level crossing was to the east.
The box became a block post in 1958.
In 1977 the box was reduced to a gate box. It closed in 1985 when control of the barriers was taken over by the Edinburgh Signalling Centre.
Seton Mains Halt
| Riggonhead Colliery|
Longniddry Manure Siding
Penston Briar Pit
Battle of Prestonpans
Johnnie Cope^s Hole
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian