This is a two platform station with the main building on the eastbound platform.
It was originally a single platform station, now the eastbound platform, on a single track line.
The line was doubled in 1896 with the extension of the line west via Clydebank Central to the new Dalmuir station A signal box was opened at the east end of the station.. There was now a single siding on the south side of the line, east of the station and approached by reversal.
The westbound platform station building was of the same style as that at Yoker. The eastbound station building was older.
The box closed in 1912.
Although the original building has been lost the station remains open with a main building on the eastbound (citybound) platform.
Scotstoun Show Yard
Whiteinch Victoria Park
King George V Dock Platform
| Scotstoun West Junction|
Albion Motor Works
Blythswood Shipbuilding Yard
Harland and Wolff Engineering Works
Clydeside Iron Works
Scotstoun Iron Works
Clydebank Dock Junction
Scotstoun West No 3 GF
Yoker Signalling Centre
Knightswood Rows (Red Town)
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|