Scorton [Lancashire] [2nd] (1840-1939)
Opened on the Lancaster and Preston Junction Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station with the main building on the southbound platform and a signal box. It was to the west of Scorton itself.
It replaced the original extremely short lived Scorton [Lancashire] [1st] about half a mile to the south in August 1840. The second station was slightly closer to the village than its predecessor.
Nothing now remains of this station, except the name Station Lane for the road which passes under the line to the north of the site and a dirt access road which once approached the northbound platform.
[Wyre Viaduct]] is not far north of the former station.
Scorton [Lancashire] [1st]
Garstang and Catterall
Other railway and industry locations
Brock Water Troughs
Lancaster Old Junction
Ladies Walk Siding
Lancaster (Carriage and Wagon Works)
Heysham Power Station
Torrisholme East Junction
Torrisholme West Junction
Lancaster Castle [Castle]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|