Rosslynlee Hospital Halt (1958-1962)
Opened on the Peebles Railway.
This halt was opened to the north west of Rosslynlee Hospital. It had a short platform (20ft) on the east side of the line.
The halt was just south of a siding serving the hospital and its own gas works (the later reached by reversal). The siding approached from the north and located on the east side. The siding was known as 'Asylum Siding' and 'Holme bank siding'..
It was opened by the deputy Lord Lieutenant of the county of Midlothian and the convener of the Rosslynlee Hospital Committee on the 10th of December 1958, in use by the 11th.
Little remains of the platform, although its site can be found. The stone wall between the railway and the hospital being a useful reference. The site of the buffer stop can also be found and the site of a fuel store remains fenced off.
Rosewell and Hawthornden
Other railway and industry locations
Rosslyn Gunpowder Works
Old Woodhouselee Tunnel
Rosslyn Carpet Factory
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Border Railway Portfolio
Borders Railway Rambles
Branches & Byways: Southwest Scotland and the Border Counties
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Lost Railways of the Scottish Borders
The Railways of Peebles (Through Time)