Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
This was a two platform station with the main station building on the southbound platform. There was a goods yard on the east side of the line, approached by a long siding from the southbound line.
In 1918 the line northward from the station to Floriston was quadrupled, a loop was laid on either side of the line.
With the opening of Kingmoor Marshalling Yard approach lines were laid to the west of the station, the southbound line flying over the existing railway. These lines joined the existing loops north of the station.
The line is no longer quadruple directly north of the station. The northern approaches to Kingmoor, to the west, remain in use.
The station building is now a house.
Port Carlisle Junction
London Road [Carlisle]
Other railway and industry locations
Kingmoor B Group Sidings
Kingmoor Sorting Sidings
Kingmoor Timber Loading Siding
Kingmoor Up Reception Sidings
Kingmoor Up Departure Sidings
Kingmoor Down Recess Sidings
Carlisle Kingmoor Shed
Carlisle Kingmoor TMD
Esk Viaduct [Cumbria]
Carlisle RAF Maintenance Unit
Floriston Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian