Polmont East Signal Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Polmont East Signal Box (1902-1971)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.


Description

This signal box was east of Polmont station on the north side of the line. East of the station a long siding on the south side of the line was converted into a loop and a bay platform single track was added to the east end of the eastbound platform.

This box replaced two older boxes: Polmont Station and a temporary Polmont East.

The box closed in 1971.


Tags

Signal box