This was a two platform station to the south of sidings which served nearby collieries. It was a very plain station, just two platforms with a footbridge between the platforms. Access to the station was by a footpath which crossed over the mineral line to the Plean collieries by means of a footbridge. The footpath ran to the nearby road.
To the north was Plean Junction and its very tall signal box.
Nothing remains of the station today. The box at Plean Junction closed in 2008.
| Plean Junction|
Bannockburn Colliery No 3
Plean Colliery West Pit
Plean Colliery East Pit
Polmaise Nos 3 and 4 Colliery
Forth Bridge Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/03/1904||Scottish Central Railway|
Plean station opens. The nearby settlement at Plean for the colliery, its coke ovens and by-products plant, is expanding.
|/ /1956||Scottish Central Railway|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)