Pinkhill

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Pinkhill (1902-1968)

Opened on the Corstorphine Branch (North British Railway).

Description

This was a two platform station. There was a waiting room on the eastbound platform and a booking office on the overbridge to the west on Traquair Park East. There was no goods yard. There was a signal box briefly, it closed in 1906.

It was the nearest station to Edinburgh Zoo, opened 1913, to the north over Corstorphine Road. (Platforms signs read ^Alight here for Zoological Park^.)

The platforms still exist and the trackbed is now a footpath/cycleway.

Local

Edinburgh Zoo

Tags

Station footpath