Peebles Goods [CR] (1864-1950)
Peebles West Goods (1950-1959)
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This goods yard (which was enlarged in 1906) was to the south of the Peebles [CR] passenger station.
For the main entry for this station see Peebles [CR].
A North British Railway extension to Peebles [NB] made an end-on connection at the east end.
After passenger closure of the route west to Symington in 1950 the goods facilities were re-named Peebles West.
After the line west was completely closed in 1954 access was from the NB station until closure in 1959.
The site has been built over with housing.
Other railway and industry locations
Peebles West Goods
Peebles Shed [CR]
Peebles CR and NBR Junction
Peebles Tweed Viaduct
March Street Mills
Peebles Shed [NB]
Peebles Engine Shed Signal Box
Cross Kirk Peebles
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|