Patna [2nd] (1897-1964)
Opened on the Ayr and Dalmellington Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This replaced the original Patna [1st] station, with the platform moving from directly south of the Downieston bridge to south of the goods shed. There was a single platform on the west side of the line. What had been a siding on the west side of the line was looped at the south end and the platform opened alongside. This gave the station a goods bypass.
The box was replaced in 1928 and closed in 1951. The station closed to passengers and goods in 1964.
The approach road, which still passes the now disused goods shed, still exists.
The line is now single track but does not currently carry traffic (2018).
Cairntable Halt [Knockshinnoch]
Craigmark Pit No 4
Sillyhole Coal Pit Nos 1,2,3,4,5
Sillyhole Pit No 6
Other railway and industry locations
Downieston No 1
Dalharco No 1
Dalharco No 2
Jellieston Pit No 2 Coal
Jellieston Pit No 1
Carnochan No 1
Carnochan No 2
Downieston No 2
Polnessan trap points
Polnessan No 1 Pit
Burnfoot No 8
Downieston No 3
Burnfoot No 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|